Welcome to The Alzheimer’s Caregiver!
We know that providing care for a loved one diagnosed with any stage of Alzheimer’s is challenging and at times frustrating for family members that become caregivers. Challenges go way beyond the initial diagnosis. Many family members are left with dozens of questions about hands-on care, finances, and adapting the home environment to enhance safety.
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver not only provides valuable information about Alzheimer’s but also resources and support for the caregiver.
That’s why we’ve created this resource – for caregivers and family of patients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s looking for:
- Advice for dealing with changing conditions
- Supporting your loved one with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Education and information regarding dementia
- How to approach common Alzheimer’s behaviors such as anger, suspicion, hoarding, and more
- Emotional support
We’re dedicated to offering caregivers the support they need and deserve. We know it’s not easy, but we’re here to help.
Did you know?
- Over 5.7 million Americans have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease along with 15.5 million Alzheimer’s caregivers.
- Of the 133.2 million Alzheimer’s caregivers worldwide 75% are women
- Over $18 billion’s worth of care hours are provided by unpaid caregivers and family members
- 83% of daily care for seniors is provided by family members and about 48% of care for someone with dementia
- 1 in 3 caregivers is 65 years old or older
- Approximately 10% of unpaid caregivers need to quit their jobs to provide round-the-clock care for a family member with dementia
Teaching and guidance modules are written by dedicated experts in the field of Alzheimer’s research and care. Our goal is to help you take care of your loved ones with information you can trust to answer your questions and help you provide quality care for your loved one.
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver is dedicated to providing resources and help for Alzheimer’s research, education, and support for caregivers since 1995. You’re not alone. We’re here to help and support you.
The Alzheimer’s Caregiver Recent Articles
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Your donation helps over 20 million American Families dealing with Alzheimer’s